Kalkomey is a leading provider of online recreational safety education, certifications, and cloud-based agency management solutions. The company serves both outdoor enthusiasts and state and local government agencies in all 50 U.S. states, as well as Australia, Canada, Guam, Mexico, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, and the United Kingdom. Through its learning management system, Kalkomey delivers regulatory-approved safety education courses and certifications for a broad spectrum of outdoor recreational activities, including boating, hunting, snowmobiling, and off-roading among others. Today, the company offers more than 360 courses worldwide and certifies nearly one million outdoor enthusiasts each year. Additionally, Kalkomey’s agency management solutions enable state agencies to drive greater operational efficiencies of key workflows from licensing and registration, to certification and event management, and compliance and reporting. Through the integration of its online safety education and agency management solutions, Kalkomey is able to deliver a single platform for recreational safety management that makes outdoor recreation more accessible, drives recreational activity, participation, and increases civic engagement.
Founded in 1995, Kalkomey has over 150 employees and is headquartered in Richardson, TX.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Guiding financial decisions by developing and monitoring policies and procedures.
- Evaluating and enhancing financial controls and tax return procedures.
- Analyzing and interpreting balance sheets, income statements, cash flow, and liabilities.
- Performing internal audits and financial risk assessments, as well as facilitating intervention strategies.
- Reviewing journal entries and account reconciliation.
- Monitoring closing processes, billing, invoicing, expenses, reimbursements, and payroll administration.
- Maximizing returns on excess cash balances and improving closing and reporting cycles.
- Coordinating and recording investments and maintaining fixed asset records.
- Overseeing accounting staff and analyzing profit center performance metrics.
- Documenting processes and ensuring compliance with financial management and accounting regulations.
Directly manage the accounting team and daily accounting operations.
- 5-10 years experience as an auditor, financial administrator, or similar.
- Experience working with Private Equity backed firms.
- Advanced competency in financial management and accounting software, preferably NetSuite.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting standards and industry regulations.
- Extensive experience in corporate finances, auditing, and performance management.
- Superb organizational and time management abilities.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and collaboration skills.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required. CPA required. Masters Degree in Accounting or finance is preferred but not required.
This is generally a sedentary role, requiring the use of typical office equipment such as a computer and phone. Must have the ability to lift up to 10 lbs. Must be able to perform the essential job functions consistent with this job description.
Kalkomey Enterprises, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.